The Perfect Series (Part 1)

>> 15 August 2009

Hi, it's Patar, and my first post for Wanderings in the 3rd Dimension!

I've had this idea for a while but I've not been able to do it, as my Doctor Who site isn't really for this sort of stuff, this new site is the perfect base for it. I hope.

I've clobbed together a bunch of writers for what I think would make the perfect Doctor Who series. Don't worry, I'm not just going to post about Doctor Who all the time though.



Episode 1 Written by Russell T Davies - Ah, the old boss is back. Russell's series openers are just perfect. Most of the time. Smith and Jones, and Partners in Crime had brilliant and witty ideas, I think for my "perfect" series, this episode should have something, not too big like world domination, but should really reach out the imaginative possibilities of Doctor Who (Surprisingly, I don't think Doctor Who currently has a wide range of imagination so far).

Episode 2 Written by John Fay (Torchwood: Children of Earth Day Two and Day Four) Don't worry, I'll use writer's out of the circle later on in the series. John Fay wrote a magnificent second episode to Children of Earth, even though it didn't contribute much the the overall story, it was the most enjoyable. For the second episode in this series, John Fay should write something similar to the Torchwood episode. Like, a survival story, but just for the Doctor and his companion. (The series will get better...)

Episode 3 Written by the one and only.. Jaime Paglia. Who the hell is that?? The Russell T Davies of "A Town Called Eureka". Jaime Paglia's show and stories for Eureka are bursting with imagination, and is what needs to be added in this series. I'm sure the writer would have something quirky and fun to add.

Episodes 4 and 5 The first 2 parter! None other than... Russell T Davies? I just can't get rid of him! I want this to be written not just for the fans, but for him too. This could be a chance for him to write a story that isn't the series finale or the opener, just a random story in the series. Not too important but still stands out. Like the series opener, I don't want the world on red alert, but something fast paced and action packed.

Episode 6 Written by Ken Keeler. This may be a little weird. Ken Keeler has written a few episodes for The Simpsons, so why would I have him for Doctor Who? It's not The Simpsons that inspired me to have him, it's the younger brother (sometimes refered to as the older brother..) Futurama. Many of you know I'm a massive Futurama fan, and I knew that his stories would be brilliant for Doctor Who. All the writer needs to do, to adjust from Sci-Fi cartoon, to Sci-Fi Drama, is to make it more serious. Not too much though, and cut down on the comedy. Slightly.

Episode 7 Written by Paul Cornell. Back home, the writer of 2007's Human Nature/The Family of Blood would fit nicely to this series. Like that story, this episode should have a big impact to the Doctor. Maybe something like.. back to.. Gallifrey? Or is it too soon? I think it's too soon. Still, the Doctor should be even more center to this story than usual.

Now, my original plan was to have the whole series in here, but seeing as though I've taken up quite a lot of space just for half the series, I've split it into 2 parts. I will obviously have other posts in between, but I'll just need some time to plan out the second part of The Perfect Series. There will be more new, out of the Whoniverse writers too.

Please comment and place your thoughts. Maybe some ideas on what you think would be the perfect series. (Obviously, you don't need as much detail as I've done)

Patar

1 comments:

Rob 16 August 2009 at 21:03  

That sounds bloody brilliant, its good to have RTD back for just a story that not REALLY important XD

Sylar

Visitors map

Wanderings in the 3rd Dimension © MMIX