Pooch In The Pot (+ Add Seasoning)

>> 17 August 2009

I can't quite believe the piece of news I've just heard about. How many of you have dogs? And how many of you love them too much to ever be able to... eat it? Yes, this is true, some madman in a native land far far away (more commonly known as New Zealand) has cooked his canine pet and eaten it for dinner. How horrible is that? It's more than strange...

Now I have absolutely nothing against New Zealand. In fact, I love the country having been there before years back, so I was flabbergasted when I learnt that somebody who lives in Auckland had done this. To get it out in the open, no, it was no accident, no, he probably isn't a 'lunatic' as such, so how did this happen? And why? I'm sure this sort of thing happens to individuals who have absolutely nothing to eat, anyone can understand that. But in a city like that, something is not right! I'm not going to name any other country/place that this could happen as I don't want to get in trouble, but there are those crazy reaches in out galaxy where it can happen. This man is Tongan-born (anyone care to explain where this is at all?) and his name is Paea Taufu. He was 'in the process of roasting his pitbull terrier-cross in a traditional Umu pit-barbecue when animal protection inspectors arrived to investigate.They were called by a concerned member of the public on Sunday but arrived too late for the animal.' Now I don't know about these 'Tongan' beings, but I can guess that this may happen regularly. But not in New Zealand! Can you not imagine those woofs coming from the barbecue, the sound slowly dying and becoming ever less frequent...

But it's funny. Anyone who agrees with me to say that this is cruel; is it actually? We eat (apart from you veggie lot) meat from other animals, so why are dogs any different? They're just the same as... pigs... ducks... cows... lambs etc. Except many people have them in their own households. 'Taufu' has kindly said that he will not cook another pooch just in case he upsets anyone again. Good Move!

So what do you all think. Is it right? How would you react if you saw it happen? And what do dogs actually mean to us?

~ Adv

>>Read More<<

4 comments:

Rob 17 August 2009 at 10:27  

That's sick, I might just puke...

He did it for publicity and attention.

What a weirdo..

Sylar

Patar 17 August 2009 at 12:30  

OOH!!!! That's horrible!!!!!!

Brad 17 August 2009 at 13:50  

Sorry I'm late replying, I was just cooking my dog on toas...... Ignore the previous bit.... I mean, that's AWFUL!!!!!

Brad 17 August 2009 at 14:38  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Visitors map

Wanderings in the 3rd Dimension © MMIX